Present Scenario and Highlights:
- India’s industrial production growth rate in 2010 was 7.5 percent, up from 5.2 percent in 2009.
- Pharmaceutical, automobile and IT industries are sectors that have performed exceedingly well and experienced significant growth.
- The textile industry is the largest in terms of employment. It is expected to generate revenues of about $85 billion by 2010 and create 12 million new jobs
- The strongeconomic growth achieved by India in the recent years has led to a greater demand for infrastructure
- Investment in infrastructure is set to increase from the current 8.37% to 10% in the 12th 5 Year Plan (2012-2017).
- This potentially means a US$ 1 trillion opportunities for global investors over the next 5 years.
- Infrastructure sector amounts for 26.7% of India’s Industrial output
- Private sector investment in infrastructure is expected to reach 50% by the 12th plan from the current 34%.