Present Scenario and Strengths:
- Karnataka produces over 20% of the national garment production and 45% of the national raw silk production.
- Its silk exports constitute 24% of the total value of silk goods exported from India.
- Approximately 386,000 manufacturing units are engaged at the organized and unorganized level.
- The state has a workforce of approximately 55,000 weaver families with handlooms and over one million powerlooms.
- Presence of over 100 Skill Development Centers and 240 private training centers.
- Presence of a 48-acre Integrated Textile Park at Dodaballapur housing 85 textile units and over 700 powerlooms.