Present Scenario and Strengths:
- Tourist’s Paradise: Karnataka is home to hills, white sandy beaches, historical monuments, temples and palaces, and wild life, that makes it an attractive tourist destination.
- Large pool of resources: Karnataka has the highest number of institutes in hotel management and catering technology in the country
- Second-highest number of protected monuments: State has the second-highest number of protected monuments in the country, 507 centrally and 750 additional protected by the State Government.
- Significant increase in revenue: Total revenue from tourism increased at a CAGR of 53% between 2005-06 and 2008-09 to reach US $ 2095 million
- High tourist flow: State’s tourist inflow has increased by 16% from 25.2 million in 2005 to 33.2 million in 2009
- Increase in foreign exchange earning: 63% increase is anticipated in foreign exchange earnings, from US $104.1 million in 2010 to US $169.5 million in 2020